After the build-up of excitement for the awesome fun on the agenda to ensure one is having a wonderful time when the countdown begins, it seems to all be over in the blink of an eye, with one waking up the morning after, usually tired as hell. For me, this is usually the beginning of the end of my festive summer holidays, as the thoughts, plans and goals of the New Year start to creep in and the impending list of resolutions for the year.
My 5 New Years Resolutions for 2014:
• Start each day with a smile – focusing on being more positive at the start of the day really makes a big difference.
• Eat healthier – no diets or starving myself, I just want to eat better than I did last year and just make healthier choices in that regard; I will kick-start the year with an eating plan.
• Work-out more – this means working out regularly, as opposed to working out when I felt like it, which in all honesty is really what I did last year.
• Set monthly goals – every month I want to look at my calendar and what I want to achieve for that time and by the end of the year and work towards those; hopefully keeping tabs on what I’m doing and my progress will help me achieve them.
• Try new things – being in a new city it’s easy to just stick to doing what you know you enjoy and not really going to new places and I want to at least try something new each month, be it as simple as a new restaurant or activity.
These are my resolutions and what I plan on working on throughout the year, any thoughts on your resolutions?