I was recently featured in new glossy magazine Essays of Africa, to write a piece for them on the topic of beauty, all that surrounds me and my view on it. It was in their March issue, so if you check a major mag rack on the way home, you might still be able to find a copy, the lovely Rosie Motene graces the cover.
Otherwise, they also asked me to share the top five fashionable things I’m looking forward to finding this winter and I thought I’d share them here and go into a bit more detail. With the cold really setting in and stores stocking their shelves with more and more winter warmers, I can’t help but get a bit more excited for this stuff:
– knit poncho wrap: blown away by the vision that was the monogrammed Burberry poncho on the runway at their last fall show, this piece is at the top of my list. The lovely thing about fashion is one can get the look for whatever suits your pocket, as I doubt i will be able to place an order for one with my initials stitched on to it from Burberry just yet.
– thick chunky knit: I love knitwear, it’s the perfect for transitioning and layering and oversized chunky knitwear would be the best way to add some newness to the range of knits I already have.
– suede over-the-knee boots: yes, they’re back. I mean what can one say, these sexy suede numbers from the nineties could not be left behind.
– new nude: as the days go colder, I tend to gravitate towards, darker or more muted, neutral shades of lipstick, nude lipstick is my go to colour in winter and a new season brings a new shade.
– parka jacket: also conducive to layering, this lightweight jacket, which can be found in a longer (calf) length this winter, a nice difference to the shorter one you have that’s just about worn out. Check out my last outfit post ‘Return of the Mac’ under my style to see one way of wearing it, but it can be worn with just about anything and with the weather being as unpredictable as it can be in Cape Town, I’ll be ready!
UPDATE: the actual article written, could only share after the issue had run..