I recently visited the Glen Carlou wine estate to celebrate their 30th Chardonnay harvest.
Having only been established in 1985, their picturesque estate is relatively young among its more time-honoured neighbours, but has managed to make quite a name for itself as one of South Africa’s leading wine producers – currently the proud producers of no less than three vintages – their latest Glen Carlou Unwooded Chardonnay 2017, their classic Glen Carlou Chardonnay 2015 and, finally, their flagship Glen Carlou Quartz Stone 2014 –and after all that I tasted on my visit, I am excited to see what the new harvest will bring and the magic that will come from it.
I must add how I was pleasantly surprised to discover how this spot is filled with awesome things to do, besides trying some of its award –winning wines & learning about the art of wine making.
I love food, so indulging in a delicious food & wine paired menu at the Restaurant @ Glen Carlou, was quite a treat – read more on that HERE. The art gallery on the premises, curated by artist, Alex Hamilton, consists of a collection of contemporary, pop & modern artworks by South African artists taught me a thing or two. And ending the day with a walk through the beautiful Zen Garden [quite the Instagram worthy spot by the way] rounded up the day perfectly.
I really enjoyed this experience and thought it would be great to allow my readers to get a chance to enjoy it too. Here is what is up for grabs:
Three-course lunch including wine for two at the Restaurant @ Glen Carlou
How to stand a chance to win:
- Follow @tokelomotsepe and @glen_carlou on Instagram
- Share a picture I have shared from Glen Carlou on your page
- Tag me [Tocelot Motsepe] and use the hashtag #GlenCarlou30 and share what you look forward to doing most and who you want to take along
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries close at 5pm on 16th of October – All winners will be announced on the 17th of October 2017 in my Instagram story.
- Please ensure your account is not private – entries from private accounts will not be visible and will therefore not be valid.
- Please note the prize does not include transportation to the venue, and winners will need to get to and from the venue on their own.
- Offer is valid until end of 2017, so keep this in mind when entering.
- No influencers can be tagged in this competition.
- Multiple entries are welcome, but this does not guarantee you’ll win (please refrain from spamming)
- Sharing this blog post and following sponsors accounts will increase your chances of winning.
For more information:
When posting about your visit on social media be sure to use #glencarlou30 to add your voice to the festivities.